oh and in my case, ended with some green machine Naked juice.
Let this be your motivation this morning, go get it done! ;)
Living a healthy active lifestyle and doing it for you, because it makes you feel great, gives you energy, makes you feel alive, boosts your self esteem, helps you connect to yourself and the world around you and become more in tune, endorphins, helps you find balance, peace, it relieves stress, it helps you sleep better, it helps you focus your creative energy, it helps you focus in class, it teaches you things about yourself, it teaches you lessons you may have never learned otherwise, it’s amazing for you, you will live longer, your nails will grow fast and strong, your hair will grow like wildfire and be shiny, your skin will have a glow, you are happier in general, you become more aware of your body, you become more comfortable in your skin, you start becoming more appreciative, your friends and family will come to you for advice and you will be knowledgable to help them or at least encourage them, you become an inspiration to others but most importantly yourself, when you start believing in yourself, you can do things you could never do before, like keep up with the little kids or play chase with the dog for hours or rearrange your living room by yourself, you don’t get winded or tired or worn out easily, you begin to enjoy and thrive in the taste of whole foods, vegetables, you start to think of fruit or dark chocolate as a dessert, you stop craving junk like oreos or fluff, you start realizing what’s important and truly matters in your life, it becomes easier to sort out priorities, your thoughts become clearer, etc. etc. etc.
I could go on for a while but these are just a few of the benefits I have found!
I really just want a taco salad from Salsaritas (there’s one on campus) BUT a taco salad is around 700 calories and yeah it’s not worth it hahahah
My body is craving carbs. I don’t feel like having a banana or oatmeal.
Getting caught in the rain near the end of a hard run!
"I don’t hate it"
Beating your own personal record feels far more significant than ever beating someone else’s
- just what I think
I’m so excited because my road is closed due to construction! Do you know what this means for me!?
1. No creepers will be asking me if I need a ride, whistling at me, beeping their car horns at me, slowing down to check me out, or doing any other thing that disrupts my pace and concentration. (I run in a baggy t-shirt, running shorts, and zero makeup. Why dirty old men still want to harass men? I don’t know!)
2. There will be no people in general to distract me. I hate when people from my high school are so nosy that they take the time to slow down and stare to see who I am. I had the worst time in high school and it makes me feel so self conscious about my running style/how I look/etc. and I really should not have to worry about that.
3. If you drive by and you see someone running that you know - DO NOT beep your car horn to acknowledge them! I get in my own little world and when someone beeps at me it scares the shit out of me every. single. time.
If you’re that desperate, slow down and wave. But the chances are they won’t be able to see who it is anyway. 9/10 times I smile and have zero idea who it was that I waved to… and 9/10 times I wouldn’t care even if I did. It’s not that I’m mean it just that when I run I don’t want to think about other people. That is my time to focus on myself and my work out.
4. No ass holes are going to drive by going 65+ mph
5. No ass holes will be driving by that don’t have the curtesy to either slow down or move over for runners/bikers. I live on a country back road and people just love to drive as fast as they can.
6. No stupid guys will attempt to run me off of the road. This has happened to me twice this summer and I still can’t get over it. WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?
7. Quiet. That is going to feel so nice.
8. I won’t have to stop and wait for traffic when I turn around and run back.
Ahhhhh so exciting! I wish my road was closed this whole summer hahahahh
This is the brand/model/etc. I am getting… but what color should I get?
(This is almost IDENTICAL to the pair I had before. I loved these babies to death (literally)
Same exact brand, type, blahblahblah as before just in a different color!
Because it makes me feel ALIVE
Running feels amazing! I raced the kids (me running, the kiddies on their bikes) which was different and sort of fun hahahhah!
They kicked my booty with speed but I won with endurance :P
SO proud of myself for not giving up on me! :D Positive self talk works miracles!