Perfect lunch. Today has been so great :)
Breakfast this morning: 1 large egg, I stole from one of the chickens yesterday, scrambled with 1 egg white, roma tomato from my mom’s garden, onion from my dad’s farm, pepper for tasting. And on the side half of a grapefruit! :)
Froyo with my sister!
Wrap Part II. So good!
Pre-run breakfast noms! Apple & cinnamon oatmeal with a little Kashi go lean cereal mixed in and fresh blueberries!
It’s a pancake kind of morning!
Good morning! :D
Breakfast this morning:
2 whole farms eggs scrambled with baby spinach and cherry tomatoes
1 piece of whole wheat toast
my momma’s homemade strawberry jam on 1/2 (she spends the entire summer canning our fresh produce for the upcoming year, so props to her)
almond butter on the other 1/2 (my latest obsession)
Rainbow salad for dinner!
My Protein Packed Burger:
For when you’re sick of protein shakes and craving some real food! (While getting similar health benefits!)
1. Trade in your beef burger for a lean turkey burger! I use the brand Jennie-o, 1 burger is 200 calories and 16g of protein.
2. Add in all of those yummy vegetables for the best natural health benefits you can get! I put red pepper, yellow pepper, lettuce and onion in mine.
3. Need even more protein? Add an egg over easy on top, I grilled mine for a unique taste and added black pepper for taste! That’s another 6g of protein!
4. Whole wheat bun > White bun. Want something light? Ditch the top half for an open face burger which is 1/2 of the calories. Need the carbs? Keep the bun and take a look at the nutrition facts when deciding on a brand. I take the calories in consideration but I like to pay close attention to the ingredient list, I don’t want to be eating processed junk!
5. Add some ketchup or mustard and bon appetit! ;)
Disclaimer: This is not a low calorie meal. This meal is not going to help you lose weight! Instead, this will give your body the protein and carbs you NEED to tackle your workout and perform your very best or help your body recover and repair those sore muscles ;)
I attempted to take a nice picture with my salad for you guys…
and then my sister photobombed it.
and then I laughed because it was funny and we got silly.
I was starving and so I basically dumped the contents of my fridge into a bowl and made…The ULTIMATE Garbage Salad!
The contents of my salad include…
1. Baby Spinach
4. Snap peas
5. Red pepper
6. Banana pepper
8. Black beans
10. Turkey breast (protein!)
11. Mini Shrimp (more protein!)
12. 1 Avocado mashed and stirred in as a dressing
13. 1 tbsp of feta cheese!